Location: Bristol, UK
At Impact IT Solutions, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading IT support companies in the South West with a loyal customer base that spans the last decade. Our customers stay with us because of the quality and responsiveness of service and they are very happy to refer us. Based in Bristol, we have big ambitions to capitalise on our pedigree and establish the business as a leading provider of bespoke software, app & website development & IT support services across the region.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Software Business Development Manager will play an integral part in the growth of the software side of our business. They will be responsible for driving the acquisition of new customers for our bespoke software, app & website solutions within our target market of manufacturing and other industries.
The Business Development Manager is a senior, client-facing role and works with internal stakeholders and their teams including sales, marketing, pre-sales, delivery, support, development and finance.
- Self-generate leads and assess other inbound leads, progress as appropriate through to contract closure.
- Develop and present proposals, negotiate contracts and close while providing the Software team with the information they need to execute.
- Maximise the contract value of all sales engagements, upselling and cross-selling where possible.
- Attend prospect and customer meetings, in person or online to provide expert information and demonstrations of Impact IT’s bespoke software solution value propositions.
- Adopt the sales methodologies and techniques to manage sales engagements as defined by the business.
- Generate sales utilising other methods including social media messages, marketing, attendance at trade shows including networking events.
- Accurately/reliably track and report sales pipeline status to Sales and Marketing Director.
- Contribute to the company’s quarterly and annual revenue targets both by carrying some pre-agreed personal revenue targets and supporting the business development efforts of the sales team.
- Support the development of proposals and sales and marketing material in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Work closely with the sales & marketing team and project delivery manager to ensure opportunities are maximised
- Have a background in software solution sales for small/ mid-sized businesses
- Possess experience in/knowledge of the manufacturing industry (although not necessarily in sales)
- Have a proven track record in new business development and exceeding sales targets
- Be confident presenting to all levels (door opening) including design makers
- Possess an entrepreneurial nature with the ability to think outside of the box to implement an effective business strategy
- Have around 10 years of direct sales and/or business development experience
- Have experience of dealing with contracts in the region of £50k-£250k.
- Have experience in proposal writing.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent grasp of cloud technologies and managed service offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with good interpersonal/communication skills and an ability to work across various teams
- Enthusiastic, problem-solving approach with a strong competitive appetite to close customer contracts
- Initiative to identify and promote innovative new ideas to drive the business forward
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to generate their own leads and who can hit the ground running
- Someone who is credible, measured and confident
- Someone who can successfully identify the relevant key decision makers and maintain this level of contact
- Be located within 1-hour commute from the office, some working remotely is expected.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Salary: Base + uncapped commission.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am-5:30pm, although flexibility is needed due to the nature of the role. 2 Days – WFH Fridays & floating day. 3 Days – Office
Training: will be provided on all of the company’s portfolio of services.
Probation Period: 3 months.
Start Date: asap for the right candidate.
How To Apply:
If you would like to apply for the Software Business Development Manager, please fill out the application form.