Here are Impact IT, we are always growing our IT expert team and are currently looking for hardworking, fun, friendly, skilled individuals to fill the roles of IT Project Manager and IT Systems Engineer positions. This will be working from our Bristol office with some home working flexibility.
As Project Manager, you will be expected to manage a portfolio of projects, by the in-house IT Project Team and Software Development Teams. You will be our clients’ primary point of contact for all projects so you must ensure that you keep them well informed of progress and advancements, and ensure they are offered a top-level service with communication being key to the success of any deliverable. You should have a background in project delivery, with the knowledge and project management experience necessary to deliver every time.
Your day-to-day activities will involve planning and managing schedules, communicating internally with the IT & Software Development Teams, Sales Team, and Finance Team. Liaising with effective communication both so that projects are smoothly deployed in a controlled manner and meet customer and internal expectations.
You will also be expected to chair weekly project meetings with the Directors to discuss progress and provide answers to queries, you will minute these discussions and follow up on them accordingly, so effective collaboration with your respective teams is important.
You will not be required to be a direct line manager for any resources, but the position within the organisation is a senior role.
A summary of the role as Project Manager:
- Responsible for the end-to-end management (planning, delivery, monitoring, control, and closure) of all projects
- Monitoring projects to ensure delivery to agreed scope, time, cost, quality, and benefits
- Communication with all teams involved – Sales / IT / Software / Finance to ensure all team members remain informed about the project deliverables
- Create a Project Plan for each project and brief all parties on the project plan, updating and adapting as necessary and providing regular updates as required
- Be the ‘Go To’ person and the most knowledgeable on all the status of every project at all times
- Chair weekly project meetings with the Directors
- Identify and manage project dependencies, non-deliverables, and address issues with relevant parties, managing risks so they are either mitigated or escalated
- Ability to define user acceptance criteria
- Experience in creating and managing User Acceptance Testing
- Experience in managing change control for product scope creep and changes of requirements in a project
IT Systems Engineer
We are looking for 2 engineers to help support and maintain our existing managed IT Support client base and develop/drive forward new requirements. Currently, we are deploying a wide variety of Azure of Office 365 services, the role will be varied and interesting and will include:
- Acting as a key component to the service desk as one of our engineers
- Work with our technical architects to plan, build and install IT systems ranging from:
– Cloud deployments
– On-Premise & Cloud servers o Azure PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS
A broad skill set is required for the service desk, resolving everything from AD administration to desktop support and some server support. We have not provided an exhaustive list, if you are thinking you like the sound of the above and would like to learn more about the role itself, please get in touch and we will be happy to expand.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Service Desk Manager.
How to Apply
If you think you could be the perfect fit for either position, please fill out the application form.