Website design and development can be perplexing for many businesses. The ultimate question is: How do you get your website performing in the right way to attract new business in an increasingly competitive marketplace?
Here are our top three priorities you should consider when looking to showcase your business’ products and services through your website:
Create a simple, but effective, navigation for users
- Navigation is key so visitors can find your products/services.
- Avoid poor design practices such as overstuffing your navigation, using vague or confusing hypertext, and lack of organisation. This may make it hard for your visitors to find where they want to go.
- If users cannot find what they are looking for, they may get frustrated and leave your site and buy from a competitor that offers a better user experience.
Make your website mobile-user friendly
- Ensure your site is optimised for mobile users. 54.8% of web searches are from mobile devices (Statista.com), making mobile users just over half of the global web traffic.
- 30% of visitors will abandon your site if it is not optimised for mobile devices (Mobify).
Remove distractions and reduce friction
- Your website needs to have the appropriate content that your visitors are looking for.
- Avoid lengthy, unnecessary text and stock images. Visitors will leave your site if it is complicated.
- Eight seconds is all you have to grab your visitor’s attention so aim to offer what they want within this time frame.
Need help designing and developing your new, mobile-friendly website?
We are passionate about designing and developing fully responsive websites to reinforce your brand and meet your business goals. All our website designs are professional, fully SEO optimised and developed for use across all mobile devices.
If you are looking for a new website design that will help attract new customers, showcase your products and services whilst improving your online presence, find out more about Website Design Services.