With many staff wanting to work from home or work flexibly between the office and home, companies are having to take a different approach to how they manage their IT.
- Has your IT company been proactive in supporting you to adapt your IT to the new normal?
- Have you moved to a more agile cloud solution in a ‘new’ environment?
- Was the transition as seamless as possible?
- As we start 2022, is it time for a change?
Reasons why your current IT provider may no longer be the right fit for your business
- Your IT company has not taken the time to talk to you about your business needs, growth plans or how you want to work going forward.
- They have not been solving IT/infrastructure problems efficiently which have not been of your making or was caused by your staff.
- They are not reactive or proactive when you raise a problem or issue.
- The help desk speaks in a way that is full of IT jargon and leaves you feeling more confused.
- Have they taken the time to explain DNS, Defrag, Packet sniffing/pinging, IP addresses and Azure Cloud to you?
- Your IT company leaves you feeling nervous about the security of your systems and data.
- You have outdated software and your computers are not fully patched or up to date.
- They have not provided the latest infrastructure reports.
- Your IT provider is not trained in the latest cloud solutions.
- Impact IT Solutions are a Microsoft Gold certified company with ISO 9002 & 27001 certifications. All staff are fully trained to a very high level and are ready to help clients to either redefine their existing IT infrastructure or provide IT support, starting in 2022.